Intellectual property is a source of strategic competitive advantage for most
businesses. This dedicated IP insurance offering has been designed to make it easy for companies to cover their legal costs in a court battle over intangible assets.
Having an insurance policy that covers legal expenses gives financial confidence to companies to manage their risks in an effective way and helps Kiwi companies to realise the value of their IP while they commercialise their ideas with confidence.
• Pursuit Cover – pays for legal expenses to pursue a third party for an allegation of infringement of your intellectual property
• Defence Cover – pays for legal expenses to defend an allegation of infringement against you
• Revocation Cover – pays for legal expenses to defend an action disputing the legitimacy of your intellectual property
• Protection for exclusive licensee – pays for legal expenses you incur to defend an infringement allegation against your licensee arising because of use of your intellectual property
• Contractual dispute protection – pays for legal expenses you incur because of dispute with licensee over the use of your intellectual property
• Public relations expenses – pays for public relations expenses arising out of covered disputes under scenarios listed above
Singapore domiciled risks
Worldwide Jurisdiction can be considered on request
Broad range of industries except medical and dental devices
Up to $500,000, however can explore higher limits depending on the proposal